Turkish Garbanzo Bean Salad That Will Make You Want More
Turkish Garbanzo Bean Salad
By Chef Katie Mae, adapted from Recipe by PCC Natural Markets
Makes 1½ cups | Ready in 10 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- 5 kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 Turkish apricots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans (15oz can, drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 6 Turkish apricots, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Add 5 olives, garlic cloves, apricots, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, marjoram, oregano, and paprika to a blender. Blend into a creamy vinaigrette.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the beans, onion, olives, apricots, and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad fixings. Toss well. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container to save for later.