Mexican Kale & Tomatillos in just 10 minutes!
Mexican Kale & Tomatillos
By Chef Katie Mae
Makes 2 servings | Ready in 10 minutes | Stores 4 days in fridge
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, deseeded and diced (keep seeds for extra heat)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 tomatillos, husked and sliced
- 1 bunch of kale, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup diced cilantro
- ½ avocado, diced
- Add the onion, jalapeno, and garlic to a large sauté pan or skillet. Cover and dry-sauté over medium-high heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatillos and kale and dry-sauté for about 5 minutes. The tomatillos should be softened and the kale should be tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Top with avocado just before serving.
This makes an excellent summer side dish or topping for items like a baked potato or tacos. Feel free to add your favorite bean, grain, and/or starchy vegetable to make it a more filling dish on its own.