Mouth-Watering Meatless Meatballs
By Ashley Diana, AshleyDiana.com
Makes 4 servings (about 16 meatballs) | Ready in 45 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped (about 1 stalk)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups cooked kidney beans (15-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a small or medium pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cover and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Stir occasionally to prevent the veggies from sticking.
- In a food processor, combine the kidney beans, rolled oats, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Pulse a couple of times.
- Add parsley, basil, and the cooked onion and celery. Pulse briefly a few times so the veggies are diced up with a fairly even consistency. There shouldn’t be any large pieces, but it shouldn’t be a paste either.
- Roll meatless mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve over gluten-free pasta with a Basic Marinara or Hearty Tomato Sauce.