Makes 9–12 brownies | Ready in 15 minutes, not including freezer time | Stores 10 days in fridge
FOR BROWNIE BOTTOM
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ½ cup cacao or carob powder
FOR PEANUT BUTTER TOP
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, making sure the sides are covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper so that it overlaps and lies flat.
- For the brownie bottom, add dates, walnuts, almonds, and cocoa to a food processor. Process until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit of water. It should be slightly sticky.
- Press brownie mixture across the bottom of the prepared pan using your hands. Once the layer is flat, place the pan in the freezer.
- For the peanut butter top, add dates, almonds, peanuts and peanut butter to a food processor. Process until well combined.
- Remove brownie pan from the freezer. Press the peanut butter mixture across the top of the brownie layer.
- Put the pan back in the freezer for at least an hour so the brownies become firm. When ready to serve, cut brownie into squares and dish them out. Or cut them and store in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week.