Oven-Roasted Tomatoes with Arugula – You Can’t Have Just One!
Oven-Roasted Tomatoes with Arugula
By Chef Ramses, Author of the Bravo! Cookbook
Makes 4 servings | Ready in 25 minutes| Stores 5 days in fridge
- 12 Roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon blanched fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ pound baby arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (or 350° in a convection oven). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the tomatoes cut side up on the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic granules, onion flakes and oregano. Bake for 15 minutes. Then sprinkle with the basil, chives, parsley and tarragon and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Let cool. Arrange the arugula on a platter or 4 salad plates. Top with the tomatoes.
For the best results, chop the fresh herbs just before sprinkling them over the tomatoes.
For a more refined preparation, remove the skins from the tomatoes before serving. The skins should come right off the roasted tomatoes, but be careful not to let the herbs fall off when removing the tomato skins.