Sweet Potato Toast with Black Bean Spread & Avocado
Sweet Potato Toast
with Black Bean Spread & Avocado
Chef Katie Mae
Makes 2-4 servings | Ready in 40 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1½ cups cooked black beans (15-ounce can, drained)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or chili powder
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- ¼ cup diced cilantro (optional)
- Turn on the oven to 375°F or 350°F convection. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise into flat, thin slabs between ¼ and ½ inch thick. Lay the sweet potato slabs out on single layer on the parchment paper.
- Bake the sweet potato for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Then turn the heat up to 425°F. Let the potato toast for another 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your toast.
- Add the black beans, smoked paprika, and lime juice to a small blender. Spread the blended black bean mixture over the sweet potato “toast.”
- Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and/or cilantro.