The Mint Cacao Nib Smoothie I Wish I Had Years Ago
Mint chocolate chip ice cream was my go-to treat all throughout my childhood. I've been making a version of this recipe for years, but I finally wrote the recipe to share with you.
This Mint Cacao Nib Smoothie is a tasty, nutritious alternative to traditional ice cream which is full of unnecessary hormones and highly-processed sugar.
Mint Cacao Nib Smoothie
By Chef Katie Mae
Makes 1 serving | Ready in 5 minutes | Stores 4 days in fridge
- ½ cup unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves
- 5 kale leaves, de-stemmed
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cashews or ½ banana (for thickness, optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons cacao powder (for extra chocolate flavor, optional)
- ½ tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients except for the ice and cacao nibs. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the ice and blend until the ice is crushed to your desired consistency.
- Add the cacao nibs and blend for just 1 to 2 seconds. Serve promptly.