Orange-Candied Sweet Potato Casserole Without Cream & Sugar!
Orange-Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
By Chef Katie Mae
Makes 9-inch casserole | Ready in 50 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- 1½ lb peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 medium oranges, peeled
- 2–inches fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 6–8 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup rolled oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Get out a 9-inch pie pan.
- Add the oranges, ginger, almond butter, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon to a small blender. Blend into a creamy dressing.
- Add the diced sweet potato to a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over top and toss well.
- Transfer the sweet potato and sauce into the pie pan. Cover with foil—try to leave a little space between the foil and sweet potato, so it doesn’t stick. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Add the remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, dates, pecans, and rolled oats to a food processor. Pulse a few times into a semi-chunky crumble.
- Once the casserole has cooked for 40 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle the pecan-date crumble over the potatoes.
- Turn oven up to 450°F. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 8 more minutes, or until the pecans are toasted. Serve warm.