Strawberry Chocolate Chia Porridge – Start the Day with Omega-3s!
Strawberry Chocolate Chia Porridge
By Chef Katie Mae
Makes 1 serving | Ready in 5 minutes | Stores 3 days in the fridge
- ¼ cup unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 Medjool date, pitted (optional)
- 6 oz strawberries
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- up to ¼ cup water (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cacao nibs (optional)
- In a small blender, add the non-dairy milk, cacao powder, date, and 2 strawberries. Blend until creamy—little pieces of date are ok.
- Add the chia seed to a small bowl. Stir in the strawberry-chocolate milk. Let it sit for a few minutes. As the chia seeds swell, the porridge will thicken. Once this happens, feel free to add a little more water if you’d rather it be a little thinner.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and add them to your chia porridge. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and enjoy!
The date is for a little extra sweetness, but it’s still not very sweet. You can leave it out if you prefer.
Feel free to add other fresh fruit, like a banana or blueberries.