Sugar-free Ketchup for Excellent Health & Flavor!
By Chef Katie Mae
Makes 2½ cups | Ready in 15 minutes | Stores 2 week in fridge
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ½ cup tomato paste, no salt added
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- Add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend to a smooth, even consistency.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.